Authentic Relating Games
This TED Talk video explains why authentic relating game events have become so popular.
WORKPLACE AUTHENTIC RELATING GAMES WORKSHOP
What are the goals of Authentic Relating Games?
- Let down the masks that corporate labels can create in order to see each member of your team as a fellow human being (simple, yet profound shift).
- Picks up where ropes courses and “trust falls” leave off, offering a deeper alternative for team unity and togetherness.
- When team members see one another as people instead of positions in a company, genuine connection and affinity arises.
- Team connection and togetherness not only helps the bottom line, but enhances day-to-day workplace enjoyment for all involved.
- “Getting” one another on a deeper level leads team members to naturally care for one another, thus supporting one another toward success.
- Shared humanity: (Key goal of Authentic Games) To see and be seen for who we truly are has us feeling connected as human beings instead of as labels.
COMMUNITY AUTHENTIC RELATING GAMES NIGHT
Are you tired of spending way too much money in loud bars with unfulfilling conversations that lack spark or connection?
Are you craving a space where you can talk about something OTHER than “what do you do” or “where did you go to school” and actually connect with people?
Join a growing D.C. community at Authentic Relating Game Nights, a space where you can discover how much more fun and richer it is to BE YOURSELF. ALL are welcome. Bring a friend, bring your partner or come solo! These are NOT singles/dating events.
Authentic Relating Game Nights are inspired by the Game Nights held in San Francisco by AuthenticWorld. Sometimes loud, sometimes intensely quiet, sometimes risky. Always fun and revealing. We are tapping AuthenticWorld for fun and engaging games that we can play ourselves. DC’s Authentic Game Nights are designed to give you that same experience with people you’ve never met before.
What kinds of games are these?
- Imagine a fun playground where you can practice the art of relating with others but in a fun, social atmosphere. They are safe places for taking risks and playing a little more outside our comfort zones and the discovering more about ourselves than we might in our everyday lives. All this is within a light-hearted container which is safe for getting real, taking emotional risks, and personal growth.
- By ‘games’ we mean fun, highly interactive partner and group exercises that demonstrate and explore authentic relating, getting to know yourself better while at the same time learning to see and appreciate more about everyone you connect with. These games are NOT board games like Chutes & Ladders and checkers.
- By ‘authentic’ we mean that there is no cookie-cutter mold for how you “should” be or what relating “should look like”. Everyone is a complete universe unto themselves, has a unique style, personality, and integrity that is perfectly *them*, and everyone is perfect and amazing as they are (including their belief that they aren’t.)
- They’re also a chance to have fun and party in a conscious way with great people, going beyond small talk and expected (and sometimes boring) social norms.
- Laughter. Fun. Energy. More genuine connection. Anxiety/excitement (while learning the difference). Relief. Feeling alive and awake. Conversation beyond small talk. Play. Connection. New possibilities. New friends. Insights. Sparks. Challenges. Personal growth. Transformation.
Who can play?
- Adventurous adults of all ages who want more fun, richer connections with people. In a relationship. Single. Old. Young. Short. Tall. It doesn’t matter! (Again, these are NOT singles/dating events.)
- You want the opportunity to experience an open-hearted space where people get to “cut through the superficial” and be truly themselves without apology for an evening.
- You enjoy exciting, fun and very juicy social evenings with lots of laughs, plenty of insights, and sometimes sparks flying!
- You are looking for a real, authentic connection with new people and are prepared to take a risk to try something NEW.
- “Connecting with people on this deeper level was rich, fulfilling, and pleasantly eye opening. I learned many things about myself that I had never even considered, even throughout my 4 years of deep spiritual introspection. I learned that people connect the most when they are honest about a vulnerable emotion like, “I’m not sure what to say now and that makes me feel uncomfortable.” That realness is what helps people to connect. People were given the space and the freedom to be real with each other, to dream big in safe spaces, and to feel deeply understood and appreciated by others who were seeing them for who they really are. It felt so good to be seen in this way. I had an amazing time and I will be back!!! Highly recommend this to anyone with even a slight interest!”
- “★ ★ ★ ★ ★ A unique and FUN way to connect with people on a deeper level. If you have any curiosity about what a “games night” is (without any mention of monopoly or twister), do yourself a favor and experience this. Trust me.” - Adrial Dale